Chat Widget coming up blank

RockemRobotics
he/him

Streamer
I've been following your work via Twitter and decided to make the leap to give it a shot. The instructions are very clearly written but I'm stuck, sadly, on step 2 - "Open the HTML file of your widget."

I extracted everything into a new folder, opened the .html file, and got a completely blank page. Checking the console told me there was an error caused by a Cross-Origin Request being blocked (exact message: "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/zaytri/slime2@1.1.1/release/slime2.js. (Reason: CORS request did not succeed). Status code: (null).")

I've seen this CORS error message before and know it's a javascript security feature, but I'm not sure how to get around it. I even tried loading up the .html file as a browser source - both local and non-local - in OBS 30.0.0 and still get nothing at all, with or without my SLIME2_TWITCH_KEY.js file in place.

Any help would be appreciated! (No screenshot attached because it would just be a blank white rectangle if I did.)

Solution
SOLVED IT MYSELF.

I have Pi-Hole set up to block ads to my system, and cdn.jsdelivr.net was blocked by default. Whitelisting it allows the necessary files through and now everything works properly.
OP
OP
RockemRobotics

RockemRobotics
he/him

Streamer
SOLVED IT MYSELF.

I have Pi-Hole set up to block ads to my system, and cdn.jsdelivr.net was blocked by default. Whitelisting it allows the necessary files through and now everything works properly.

Upvote 0
Solution

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
SOLVED IT MYSELF.

oh good I was like legitimately concerned that jsdelivr had begun to block access or something because then it'd break for everyone

Upvote 0
Back