Support for Multiple chats

Navarr
he/they

I've been hesitant to suggest this because it's a lot of work - and while I'd love to contribute, my knowledge of react is quite limited - but I figure I may a well post it to the forums.

Something I would love to see would be the ability to support other live chats simultaneously. (E.g. Twitch and TikTok messages appearing in the same list)

I figured I gotta mention this pretty early, because even if you don't really want to support and maintain it, I'd really love to see the architecture in such a place that it could be done. (Right now for example the message list is a Twitch tag iirc)

Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I've been thinking about that! I do want to support that when I figure out YouTube support. I will likely limit it to only showing chat from 1 account per platform, but being able to show chat from multiple platforms at once.

Either way, introducing YouTube support will likely require architecture changes, so might as well change it enough to have simultaneous multi-platform chat support!

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Update on this:

I am currently working on YouTube support, it's finally working, but YouTube emote support will be hell to figure out because there's no official API for them, so idk if that will even be possible.

Twitch updated their simulcasting guidelines to allow simulcasting on any service: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/simulcasting-guidelines?language=en_US, HOWEVER
You do not use third-party services that combine activity from other platforms or services on your Twitch stream during your Simulcast, such as merging chat or other features, to ensure the Twitch community is included in the entirety of the experience of your livestream.
Twitch doesn't seem to want to allow chat merging.

I'm still going to build chat merging into slime2, just in case Twitch changes it, and it will be disabled by default.

Back