Widget Setup

Widget Setup

HoneyBearWrite
it/any

hello i have a question: i have changed some aspects of the chat (alignment/messages disappearing) but when i import the html file it still has the the standart settings. i have dowloaded the file thingy but nothing seems to have changed?

slashie101
she/her

Streamer
hello i have a question: i have changed some aspects of the chat (alignment/messages disappearing) but when i import the html file it still has the the standart settings. i have dowloaded the file thingy but nothing seems to have changed?
Hiya! Just to check, did you save the settings? When you do, it should download a file called simple-chat-data - you need to save that in the same folder as the html file and then refresh the html file after :)
1700947556173.png
1700947584934.png

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
this may be a slightly stupid question but how do you refresh a html file ^-^'
1700953415905.png
when you select a browser source in OBS, a refresh button should appear

restarting OBS entirely also works but this is quicker

Last edited:

fred_mackay
he/him

Howdy!
Just messing about with your chat stuff on stream, gonna take me a while to wrap my head around CSS and JS, but trying to include a colour picker for the text and border. Any ideas where I'd start on that?

tokiokiee
She/Her

Hello,

I have a hard time understanding how to download the files and being able to open it. It shows an error code everytime for download. How do you go about fixing it? Please help :(

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hello,

I have a hard time understanding how to download the files and being able to open it. It shows an error code everytime for download. How do you go about fixing it? Please help :(
Huh, what's the error that it's showing?

softiedesu
they/them

Artist
Streamer
Is there a way to make the outline on the text much thicker? I tried adjusting the outline in the CSS file but I don't really know how to do it so it did not turn out well lol I was hoping to make the outline somewhere between 5-10px thick rather than 1-2px

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Is there a way to make the outline on the text much thicker? I tried adjusting the outline in the CSS file but I don't really know how to do it so it did not turn out well lol I was hoping to make the outline somewhere between 5-10px thick rather than 1-2px
not really unfortunately, outer text outline isn't really a thing in CSS so I used many layers of text shadows instead

making a smooth 2px outline already required a lot of text shadows, idk what it would take to make it look nice for 3px and up

softiedesu
they/them

Artist
Streamer
not really unfortunately, outer text outline isn't really a thing in CSS so I used many layers of text shadows instead

making a smooth 2px outline already required a lot of text shadows, idk what it would take to make it look nice for 3px and up
aaaa that's a bummer but i totally understand ^w^

softiedesu
they/them

Artist
Streamer
For anyone else who might want this: I managed to pull off the look i was hoping for by adding an obs-shaderfilter to the source! I used "alpha_border" and set the border thickness to 10, exactly what I wanted! :3 1701221393811.png

MapleMapache
He/him

Hi there, I am running into an issue. No matter how many times i reset my stream key and i even have some downloaded, each time i try and reload the browser file i get an error saying 'invalid stream key' how do I go about fixing that?

Back