latest follower / sub?

Elk
He/It

Data Deer
Artist
Streamer
Hi! I tried seeing if this was something you could do with OBS but every info source directs you to use streamlabs OBS for it which I explicitly moved away from for their fiasco several years back.

Since I'm not too well versed on if this is possible any other way, it'd be awesome to have this as a widget for slime2!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Elk

Elk
He/It

Data Deer
Artist
Streamer
@Zaytri
Awesome! I'll patiently wait for that to be added then :D!

@slashie101
Thank you! I'll check this out and use this for the time being until I can get it all on slime2 :> Much appreciated!

mielzy
any

Developer
Artist
Streamer
Hi! I tried seeing if this was something you could do with OBS but every info source directs you to use streamlabs OBS for it which I explicitly moved away from for their fiasco several years back.

Since I'm not too well versed on if this is possible any other way, it'd be awesome to have this as a widget for slime2!
Another potentially more user friendly UI bot is Mix It Up! It's got overlay integration that should be able to handle a latest follow etc. text label using the special identifiers $latestfollowerusername and $latestsubscriberusername

OP
OP
Elk

Elk
He/It

Data Deer
Artist
Streamer
Another potentially more user friendly UI bot is Mix It Up! It's got overlay integration that should be able to handle a latest follow etc. text label using the special identifiers $latestfollowerusername and $latestsubscriberusername
I tried looking into mixitup but the program was so overwhelming to me in terms of what i was trying to find |D It kept saying something about not having overlays enabled but i couldn't find any place in the settings TO enable it and there was no information i could find anywhere so I gave up |D too much effort for like, one or two features I want

mielzy
any

Developer
Artist
Streamer
I tried looking into mixitup but the program was so overwhelming to me in terms of what i was trying to find |D It kept saying something about not having overlays enabled but i couldn't find any place in the settings TO enable it and there was no information i could find anywhere so I gave up |D too much effort for like, one or two features I want
1. To enable Overlays, you go to the hamburger menu > Services > Overlay
1702000804983.png 1702000825130.png
2. You add a browser source to the url linked under this collapsible section, and click "Connect". When making the browser source, make sure it is 1920x1080 (or whatever your screen size is set to in OBS) -- it is easiest to understand where all your Overlay Widgets will show up if the MIU Overlay Source takes up your whole screen.
3. Now we can go back to the hamburger menu > Overlay Widgets. Here you can "Add Overlay Widget", and it's going to give you a popup with the different types of Overlay Widgets that MIU supports. For Latest Sub/Latest Follow, you're going to want the "Text" type
1702001009394.png
4. Let's do Latest Follower first. In this popup, name it "Latest Follower", and then in the Text section you'll put "$latestfollowerusername". You can change where that text label will show up on your overlay in the Screen Position box in the top right under the Pixels tab, where you can put in exactly how many pixels from the left and top of the screen you want the label to be. You can change the font size, color (hex code if you don't like the presets), font, and add a shadow if you'd like.
1702001274602.png
5. Click the save button, and you should have a Latest Follower label in your OBS! Repeat the same steps for the Latest Subscriber label, but for the variable/special identifier you'll use "$latestsubscriberusername" instead.

If you'd like more help with MIU/walking through any of this kind of setup, I'm always happy to help troubleshoot in my Discord server. :)

Attachments

• 1702001182101.png
    1702001182101.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
Elk

Elk
He/It

Data Deer
Artist
Streamer
@mielzy
Thank you so much for the walkthrough!!! I'll get that set up for my next stream then

I appreciate the discord offer but unfortunately im one of those people that really dislikes having to go to discord servers for support issues |D
by posting and solving my issue with MIU here there's an offchance that someone else searching for a solution would find it without having to go through the whole discord shebang. It's why i love public forums :>