Question about Custom Avatars

SpicyTownHall
He/Him

Artist
Streamer
The thing that blew my mind the most was the villager theme was that each viewer gets assigned a villager, and that you could then make redemptions that allow viewers to get a random villager.

This is an amazing idea, and one that fits my community (Spicy Town!) However, I don't actively play Animal Crossing so that particular theme doesn't fit.

I imagine there is a way to customize the JavaScript in Slime2 to allow for this, however, I don't see that in the "Advanced Javascript" section... so here's my questions:

• Is there a tutorial that already explains this that I missed?
  • If not, will there be a tutorial to add my own avatars for chatters in Slime2?
  • Or, does this require the "Villager Chat"?
  • Even if I have "Villager Chat," is it possible to remove all the Animal Crossing characters and add my own?
I understand if you don't want to share any of this info yet, so I apologize if I'm asking for too much. This is your project after all!

Solution
The avatar feature is a custom feature in the Villager Chat theme only, it won't be added to the Base Chat theme of slime2.

Yes, in Villager Chat you can remove the Animal Crossing villagers entirely and add your own data, there's a guide for that under the Villager Data portion of Villager Chat's customization guide: https://forums.slime2.stream/resources/villager-chat.9/field?field=customization

Edit: This is now easy to customize within Villager Chat's settings itself without needing to edit the code!

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
The avatar feature is a custom feature in the Villager Chat theme only, it won't be added to the Base Chat theme of slime2.

Yes, in Villager Chat you can remove the Animal Crossing villagers entirely and add your own data, there's a guide for that under the Villager Data portion of Villager Chat's customization guide: https://forums.slime2.stream/resources/villager-chat.9/field?field=customization

Edit: This is now easy to customize within Villager Chat's settings itself without needing to edit the code!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution