Chat not showing up

MintyVT
She/Her

Streamer
Hi! I recently changed from streamelement to slime2 and I'm having trouble with my chat not showing up. It shows the verification process and always shows that it's connected to my twitch account, but after the verification, chat doesn't appear.

I went back to streamelements and my chat is working fine, I really want to use slime2 as an alternate chat widget for streaming so hopefully I can get some help and answers why my chat is not showing on obs.

I used local file to load it as well, followed all the instructions. I'm currently using the animal crossing theme chat. I added a custom villager yesterday and it was working well. I'm not sure why when I streamed today chat's not showing anymore

Attachments

• image_2024-04-05_165104086.png
    image_2024-04-05_165104086.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image_2024-04-05_170330243.png
    image_2024-04-05_170330243.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OP
OP
MintyVT

MintyVT
She/Her

Streamer
I'm trying to fix the widget and I've noticed that whenever I add a custom "villager" on the asset folder and give it to someone on chat as an exclusive icon. It screws everything up. Not sure what causing this. If anyone have a fix on this problem please help.

Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I'm trying to fix the widget and I've noticed that whenever I add a custom "villager" on the asset folder and give it to someone on chat as an exclusive icon. It screws everything up. Not sure what causing this. If anyone have a fix on this problem please help.
hmm. does it at least work fine without custom villagers?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MintyVT

MintyVT
She/Her

Streamer
First I put a png picture for the icon on the assets folder. Then open the overlay-villager-chat html, then add a custom villager with the same name of the png and chose the png on the assets folder.

Attachments

• 1712818992686.png
    1712818992686.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 1712819081494.png
    1712819081494.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
First I put a png picture for the icon on the assets folder. Then open the overlay-villager-chat html, then add a custom villager with the same name of the png and chose the png on the assets folder.
ok, and does anything break at that point? or is it only after assigning as exclusive? can you show your steps for that as well?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MintyVT

MintyVT
She/Her

Streamer
whenever I put a custom villager and assigned it to a viewer/mod it breaks everyone's icon including mine. I add it like this 1712968282238.png

Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Oh wait yea I know what's happening now.

The way adding a custom villager works is, as shown in the text box at the top of the Custom Villagers window
If you define custom villagers here, this list will completely replace the default villager list.
Which means that by defining Niko, Niko is now the only villager available. So when Niko is made to be exclusive, nobody else will have an icon because no other icons exist. Sorry about the confusion there! It was programmed like that to make it easy to add a completely custom set of icons, otherwise people would have to manually delete the 400+ animal crossing icons from the list to do so.

If you do want to keep all the animal crossing icons and add your own, open up villagers-villager-chat.js in a code editor or a text editor like Notepad and add them in there. For your Niko in the assets folder, set the image URL to 'assets/Niko.png'.

Upvote 0
Back