Test Messages don't have both username colour outlines

slashie101
she/her

Streamer
1695039835737.png
Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky but none of the test messages I sent had a darker username colour meaning I couldn't check the appearance of how the white outline appears

Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Ah, ok so the test messages don't actually have their own colors. If you open up base.js, at the top you should see this:
JavaScript:
const DEFAULT_USER_COLORS = [
  '#FFADAD', // pastel red
  '#FFD6A5', // pastel orange
  '#FDFFB6', // pastel yellow
  '#CAFFBF', // pastel green
  '#9BF6FF', // pastel blue
  '#A0C4FF', // pastel indigo
  '#BDB2FF', // pastel purple
  '#FFC6FF', // pastel pink
]
The test messages all use colors from there, so you can change that list of colors.

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I do plan on making a way to merge your own custom data into the test messages in the future, so that should help.

OP
OP
slashie101

slashie101
she/her

Streamer
Ah, ok so the test messages don't actually have their own colors. If you open up base.js, at the top you should see this:
JavaScript:
const DEFAULT_USER_COLORS = [
  '#FFADAD', // pastel red
  '#FFD6A5', // pastel orange
  '#FDFFB6', // pastel yellow
  '#CAFFBF', // pastel green
  '#9BF6FF', // pastel blue
  '#A0C4FF', // pastel indigo
  '#BDB2FF', // pastel purple
  '#FFC6FF', // pastel pink
]
The test messages all use colors from there, so you can change that list of colors.
I think it might be worth adding a darker colour there by default, so that anybody testing messages will have examples with white outlines too?

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I've now realized that since slime2 sets the colorBrightness level, the color brightness isn't correctly set for dark colors in DEFAULT_USER_COLORS. I'm going to update it so that slime2 no longer handles that, and instead that'll be handled from within base.js itself.

Back