Chat connected but no messages showing up incl test messages

morifae
she/her

Hello! I've followed the widget setup guide but for whatever reason, no chat messages appear in OBS, even test messages don't work. The key is verified and it appears to be connected to my account so I'm not sure what is going on.

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Did you set up any filters in the widget settings? If you want test messages in OBS, you'll need to select the browser source, then click on the Interact button that appears, and then you can use test messages from there.

Upvote 0

frogberryz
she/her

Streamer
Did you set up any filters in the widget settings? If you want test messages in OBS, you'll need to select the browser source, then click on the Interact button that appears, and then you can use test messages from there.
Hi :) I'm having the same problem as OP. What "Interact" button are you referring to?

Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi :) I'm having the same problem as OP. What "Interact" button are you referring to?
It's not necessary to use the Send Test Message button within OBS, since you can just send messages in your own chat to test them. But if you really want to, you can find the Interact button in OBS here after selecting a Brower Source.

1701729899627.png

Upvote 0

frogberryz
she/her

Streamer
It's not necessary to use the Send Test Message button within OBS, since you can just send messages in your own chat to test them. But if you really want to, you can find the Interact button in OBS here after selecting a Brower Source.

View attachment 72
I wasn't seeing OBS chat messages either, but hitting Interact seems to have fixed both of these problems! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back