Not sure how to explain, but it's not working?

simminglymel
she/her

1701263619229.png

This is a screenshot of my html file. I've done all my testings yesterday but when I went live this morning my chat wasn't working. I tried looking through the forum but haven't seen anyone encountering this problem. I've redownloaded my key. Refreshed my file plenty of times. I'm not sure what went wrong? I can't access the edit tool so I figured there is a disconnect somewhere....

Please help!

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Are you sure you've extracted all the files out if the zip? And that you're not opening the HTML from within the zip?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

simminglymel
she/her

Yep! The test all came out fine. I even showed my husband who is a dev in his field and geek out about how cool this is. But when I started stream it just wouldn't load.

Upvote 0

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Yep! The test all came out fine. I even showed my husband who is a dev in his field and geek out about how cool this is. But when I started stream it just wouldn't load.
HMMMM weird! can you tell me if you see any errors in the console?
1. Open the HTML file in a browser
2. Right Click > Inspect
3. Go to the Console tab

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

simminglymel
she/her

oh ok yep I see what happened

when you saved your widget data, you replaced simple-chat.js instead of saving it as simple-chat-data.js

you'll need to get the original simple-chat.js again and copy it over
oh my god. i must have clicked the wrong thing when saving over my edits. and this was after i made one tiny change after showing my husband.

i just did that and i feel very silly to have overlooked this. THANK YOU

Upvote 0
Back