Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Zaytri updated Slime Chat with a new update entry:

v3.1.0 - Important Fix and New Features!

Firstly, this is now renamed to Slime Chat (was Simple Chat before)

Important Fix

• Chat should actually no longer break after a while, now that it's updated to slime2 v1.1.2 (released today)
New Features

• Username, text, and edge colors are now customizable
  • Dynamic emote size is now adjustable
  • You can now add a delay before messages appear
How to Transfer your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sakura Yosei
she/her/hers

Streamer
Hi I'm sorry if i have somehow missed something.

So i followed all the instructions and added simple-chat.html to my obs as a local file. it pops up and shows everything is verifying, connecting, etc. and it ends with "Connected to Sakura_Yosei"

however once thats done its blank. no mater what i type in chat nothing shows up. i've been going through everything to see if i missed a step but i'm lost.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi I'm sorry if i have somehow missed something.

So i followed all the instructions and added simple-chat.html to my obs as a local file. it pops up and shows everything is verifying, connecting, etc. and it ends with "Connected to Sakura_Yosei"

however once thats done its blank. no mater what i type in chat nothing shows up. i've been going through everything to see if i missed a step but i'm lost.
Open it in a browser, Right Click > Inspect and go to the Console tab, and then type in your chat. Are there errors that appear when you do that

Sakura Yosei
she/her/hers

Streamer
send test message works.

OMG. i'm an idiot. i forgot i added my name to ignore users so it doesn't post my timer stuff. but I've been trying to test my chat as i change things and was like WHY NO SHOW UP.

i'm so sorry ;.; thank you for taking the time to help me. i appreciate it.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
send test message works.

OMG. i'm an idiot. i forgot i added my name to ignore users so it doesn't post my timer stuff. but I've been trying to test my chat as i change things and was like WHY NO SHOW UP.

i'm so sorry ;.; thank you for taking the time to help me. i appreciate it.
ahhh ok glad it was a simple fix!

PocketBroto
any pronouns

Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to make some sort of "if" thing. Example would be only blocking messages containing certain words if they're from a certain user.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to make some sort of "if" thing. Example would be only blocking messages containing certain words if they're from a certain user.

hmmm seems too specific to implement as a general setting

but if you really want that functionality, add in this code to the top of onMessage in the script JS, replacing username and word/phrase accordingly.

JavaScript:
if (
    message.user.username === 'username' &&
    message.text.contains('word/phrase')
  ) {
    return
  }

1701625355217.png

LePeebus
They/He

Streamer
Hi! I'm sorry but I'm having similar issues to what Sakura had with the chat not showing up on my obs, I downloaded the new update and followed all the instructions, I went into inspect and then console and this is what shows up, neither the test chat messages or regular messages show up Screenshot.PNG

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi! I'm sorry but I'm having similar issues to what Sakura had with the chat not showing up on my obs, I downloaded the new update and followed all the instructions, I went into inspect and then console and this is what shows up, neither the test chat messages or regular messages show upView attachment 68
Those errors are expected since you don't have any FFZ emotes or BTTV emotes, and the last one is attempting to get your channel point data but you're not a Twitch affiliate. I did just check your stream and it looks like you got it working?

LePeebus
They/He

Streamer
Those errors are expected since you don't have any FFZ emotes or BTTV emotes, and the last one is attempting to get your channel point data but you're not a Twitch affiliate. I did just check your stream and it looks like you got it working?
YEAH For some reason the testing chat wasnt working and i kinda just went to stream thinking it wasnt gonna work again like it did the last time i streamed but ig everything fixed itself :]

bitsbops
he/him

Streamer
hi hi!! absolutely loving this chat widget, thank you so much for all your wonderful work!! 🥰

i dipped into the CSS file and found how to reduce the line spacing like i wanted (though this could maybe be made an option in the UI settings going forward?), but longer messages seem to have a reverse indent that i'd personally prefer to get rid of (so that the line with the username is on the same left alignment with the text on the wraparound line(s) below it, i hope that's clear what i mean ;;) I'm only "slap numbers until they change" level in CSS lol, so i didn't see this setting, would you be able to point me in the right direction?

thank you!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hi hi!! absolutely loving this chat widget, thank you so much for all your wonderful work!! 🥰

i dipped into the CSS file and found how to reduce the line spacing like i wanted (though this could maybe be made an option in the UI settings going forward?), but longer messages seem to have a reverse indent that i'd personally prefer to get rid of (so that the line with the username is on the same left alignment with the text on the wraparound line(s) below it, i hope that's clear what i mean ;;) I'm only "slap numbers until they change" level in CSS lol, so i didn't see this setting, would you be able to point me in the right direction?

thank you!
oh I guess I never fixed the .user padding when i changed the style

.user has padding: 5px;, change that to padding-right: 5px;

and yea I could set adjustable line height for a future update

bitsbops
he/him

Streamer
oh I guess I never fixed the .user padding when i changed the style

.user has padding: 5px;, change that to padding-right: 5px;

and yea I could set adjustable line height for a future update
that did it, it's perfect now! thank you so much! 😁😁😁

Jimbiddybimbim
he/him/his

Streamer
Entirely possible that I need to fix that further, someone else mentioned a similar issue with scrolling chat 😔
I have also been having this issue as of today—it was working perfectly yesterday, and I have not changed anything so not sure what the root cause could be. Other than that, this has been a fantastic and very easy to use widget, thanks for making it!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I have also been having this issue as of today—it was working perfectly yesterday, and I have not changed anything so not sure what the root cause could be. Other than that, this has been a fantastic and very easy to use widget, thanks for making it!

should be fixed with v3.1.0, which you should be able to get from your email receipt

NekoPls
He/Him

I followed the directions about transferring the settings from v3.0.1 to v.3.1.0 and it does not work anymore. But when I go to v3.0.1, it works perfectly again. Is there a reason this is happening? 😓❓

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I followed the directions about transferring the settings from v3.0.1 to v.3.1.0 and it does not work anymore. But when I go to v3.0.1, it works perfectly again. Is there a reason this is happening? 😓❓
What does your v3.1.0 folder look like? You might also need to refresh the browser source

LowPolyHolly
She/Her

Artist
Streamer
Hiya! I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but I had a suggestion to improve Slime Chat! I've been using it for about a week now and I love it! Currently, messages are only able to be set to disappear after a certain amount of time or a certain amount of messages. I was thinking, is there a way we could have messages disappear after a certain number of lines? I have a chatbot set up through streamer.bot and the automatic messages I have it send can be kind of long. If I have the messages disappear by amount then they usually stack up enough to clip off the browser source. If they were able to be set to disappear based on the number of lines then it wouldn't matter how long messages sent are.
Thanks for reading!

Back