Slime Chat

Slime Chat 3.2.3

✅ This widget has passed review and has been verified to follow the Widget Gallery Guidelines.
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hey I was wondering, if I wanted to add local fonts to the selector, how could that be done?
you can manually type in any font you have installed on your computer

the font selector can't access your local fonts for security reasons, so it's just a list of fonts I had to manually type in that are available on Windows and Mac computers

Spiritied Spider
He/They

Howdy! I really like this, but unfortunately I cannot find an option to text-wrap longer chat messages, resulting in them covering a large chunk of the screen. Am I missing something, or is this not a feature?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Howdy! I really like this, but unfortunately I cannot find an option to text-wrap longer chat messages, resulting in them covering a large chunk of the screen. Am I missing something, or is this not a feature?
follow the instructions at the bottom here to resize the widget, and they'll wrap within those bounds

Spiritied Spider
He/They

follow the instructions at the bottom here to resize the widget, and they'll wrap within those bounds

Ah thank you SO much, apparently I need to read more thoroughly. I apologize!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Is there a way to add custom badges and colored text boxes with simple chat?
Anything's possible if you edit the code! 😜

I'm not planning for that for Simple Chat at least, since it's just meant to be a basic chat widget, nothing super fancy. But anyone is free to create and share chat widgets with those features!

BeamQueenSol
She/Her

Streamer
Small question, as simple chat's been great and really only had one issue. After a while, it sometimes won't display a user's messages in chat until I refresh the HTML file. I'm wondering if there's a potential cause for it? I know one of the recent updates mentioned about simple chat breaking after a while and should have been fixed, and it seems to track with my experiences despite being on what should be the most up to date version.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Small question, as simple chat's been great and really only had one issue. After a while, it sometimes won't display a user's messages in chat until I refresh the HTML file. I'm wondering if there's a potential cause for it? I know one of the recent updates mentioned about simple chat breaking after a while and should have been fixed, and it seems to track with my experiences despite being on what should be the most up to date version.
Entirely possible that I need to fix that further, someone else mentioned a similar issue with scrolling chat 😔

BeamQueenSol
She/Her

Streamer
Entirely possible that I need to fix that further, someone else mentioned a similar issue with scrolling chat 😔
It's all good! It's been great outside of that hiccup, I've found it a lot more readable than what I was using through StreamElements until recently and I've been glad for the pronoun extension being included.

sillylilkat
she/they

Hi Zaytri!! I updated the widget and followed your directions for transferring them, but it is still showing the default settings. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi Zaytri!! I updated the widget and followed your directions for transferring them, but it is still showing the default settings. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!!
hmmm, can you show me what your widget folder looks like?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Sure! I have the HTML file set as my browser source in OBS and "simple-chat-data (3)" is the most recent updated settings

View attachment 65
oh ok yea remove the (3) from that, it needs to just be named simple-chat-data for it to work, not sure if there's a way for me to prevent it from adding those numbers when the file already exists

kikibubbs
Any

˘͈ᵕ˘͈⸝*
Artist
Streamer
Sorry if this sounds confusing but I was wondering if it was possible to have it so that on one scene the chat is vertical but on another it's horizontal?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Sorry if this sounds confusing but I was wondering if it was possible to have it so that on one scene the chat is vertical but on another it's horizontal?
just copy the widget folder, and save different settings in each! import them into OBS as 2 different browser sources

Back