Villager Chat

Villager Chat [Paid] 2.1.4

slashie101
she/her

Streamer
IDK if it would be possible, but for the permanent villager menu currently you have to scroll all the way down to add a new entry. Would it be possible to move the "add new" button on top of the list, and then have the menu scroll all the way down to the new entry?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
IDK if it would be possible, but for the permanent villager menu currently you have to scroll all the way down to add a new entry. Would it be possible to move the "add new" button on top of the list, and then have the menu scroll all the way down to the new entry?
hmm that's more of a question of slime2 multiple group settings itself

but yes theoretically I should be able to change it to have the add button exist outside of the scrolling area, similar to the widget save data button

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
View attachment 52Making the purple part with the message an angular box with corners

CSS:
.background-box {
  position: absolute;
  inset: 0;
  background-color: var(--backgroundColor);
  border-radius: 25px / 20px;
  border-top-left-radius: 30px 25px;
  border-top-right-radius: 30px 25px;
  animation: background-wobble 4s both infinite;
  transform: translateY(5px);

@keyframes background-wobble {
  50% {
    border-radius: 25px / 20px;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 30px 25px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 30px 25px;
    transform: translateY(2px);
  }
}
}

In the CSS, you'll want to remove the border-radius values from .background-box, and remove them from the background-wobble animation too

mudlark
he/they

Hey there, I love the villager chat - It's really well done and it looks fantastic, thank you for making it!
In testing it, I'm having issues where it stops responding if there's no input for a while, and the element in OBS needs refreshing. This was after 90 minutes of no input. Is there a workaround for this or something I can change?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hey there, I love the villager chat - It's really well done and it looks fantastic, thank you for making it!
In testing it, I'm having issues where it stops responding if there's no input for a while, and the element in OBS needs refreshing. This was after 90 minutes of no input. Is there a workaround for this or something I can change?
it seems to be a reoccurring issue that several people have been reporting, I need to look into it. I think it's an issue within the slime2 core code itself

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Is there a way to change the colour of usernames when the villagers are turned off?
I could add that into the next update as a customizable setting

In the meantime if you want to do that now, find this code in villager.js
JavaScript:
// insert in the user's display name
userClone.find('.name').text(name).css({
  color: villager.color.text,
  backgroundColor: villager.color.background,
})

And add in the colors you want in color and backgroundColor, surrounded with quotes. For example, if you wanted white text with a black background, you would change it to this:
JavaScript:
// insert in the user's display name
userClone.find('.name').text(name).css({
  color: '#FFFFFF',
  backgroundColor: '#000000',
})

Telliam
She/Her

perfect I understand it now

I can make that work, but due to the technical complexity and personalization of this request, it would need to be done as a custom commission. My commission details are here: https://ko-fi.com/zaytri/commissions
Hi Zaytri!

I received my new overlay and i would like to know if you are still working on custom commisions, as I saw your shop is closed? I would like to do a nest egg/jackpot (I'mnot sure about this word) before then, in order to pay you, so I'm looking for your pricing. Also, I'm not sure if I have to buy the basic Villager Chat + to pay you the comission or if it's an all in one (I don't remember if it was clarified on your page)? It's not a bother if so, I just need an amount for starting the founding with my viewers 😊

Thanks for you hard amazing work !

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi Zaytri!

I received my new overlay and i would like to know if you are still working on custom commisions, as I saw your shop is closed? I would like to do a nest egg/jackpot (I'mnot sure about this word) before then, in order to pay you, so I'm looking for your pricing. Also, I'm not sure if I have to buy the basic Villager Chat + to pay you the comission or if it's an all in one (I don't remember if it was clarified on your page)? It's not a bother if so, I just need an amount for starting the founding with my viewers 😊

Thanks for you hard amazing work !

Oh something like a crowdfunding goal where you raise money from your community? You won't need to buy Villager Chat for the custom commission, I'll give you a custom version of it. I don't have new commissions open for now since I have a lot of work to do on the slime2 core for now, including adding YouTube support,
events, and porting my Chat Bubbles. You can follow me on VGen https://vgen.co/Zaytri and I think it should notify you when I've opened up my commissions there.

If you'd like you could buy Villager Chat for now and use it as is, and for the commission in the future I could deduct the total price based on what you've already paid for

Telliam
She/Her

Oh something like a crowdfunding goal where you raise money from your community? You won't need to buy Villager Chat for the custom commission, I'll give you a custom version of it. I don't have new commissions open for now since I have a lot of work to do on the slime2 core for now, including adding YouTube support,
events, and porting my Chat Bubbles. You can follow me on VGen https://vgen.co/Zaytri and I think it should notify you when I've opened up my commissions there.

If you'd like you could buy Villager Chat for now and use it as is, and for the commission in the future I could deduct the total price based on what you've already paid for
Sorry I've not seen your aswer sooner! I will totally do a crowfunding goal, and first buy the basic villager chat. See you soon then 😊

Telliam
She/Her

Hi!
I could buy the villager chat thanks to my community, and i'm currently setting it up. I had a bug with a window of settings (the window appeared half outside of the work area so I couldn't close it). I saved the widget and opened it back. I realize all my custom settings have been reset: is it normal?

Edit: it's all fine, I found out why ahaha. There is just the windows thing then, tell me if you need more informations if it happens again!
Edit: it really is a wonderfull work, I'm in love with it 🥰

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi!
I could buy the villager chat thanks to my community, and i'm currently setting it up. I had a bug with a window of settings (the window appeared half outside of the work area so I couldn't close it). I saved the widget and opened it back. I realize all my custom settings have been reset: is it normal?

Edit: it's all fine, I found out why ahaha. There is just the windows thing then, tell me if you need more informations if it happens again!
Edit: it really is a wonderfull work, I'm in love with it 🥰
can you share a screenshot of that? at the very least you should be able to drag the windows back into the boundaries

ElDaoo

Is it possible to replace the villager for the username's profile picture? I have seen it in some streams but I don't know how they do it.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Is it possible to replace the villager for the username's profile picture? I have seen it in some streams but I don't know how they do it.
It's possible to custom code it in using a third party API but I do not recommend it

Back