Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hello !
I'm not sure why but it seems that the "Max Message Width" parameter doesn't work ?
Same for the height in vertical mode.

Is someone send a long message or a big bunch of emote the weight does not make the message go on a second line for width or doesn't make a loooong line for horizontal mode.

Basically it does what i want in vertical mode for the horizontal mode and vice versa.

Any idea how i can correct that ?
View attachment 160 View attachment 159
the max message width is only for horizontal/random mode, as seen by the description under the box (set it to zero for no wrapping in horizontal mode)

this is because in OBS, all you need to do to make messages wrap in vertical mode is set the browser source width and height

IMG_4204.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Zaytri updated Villager Chat with a new update entry:

v2.1.2 - Pronoun Fixes

Upgraded to slime2 v1.1.4

Read the rest of this update entry...

Clapi
she/her

the max message width is only for horizontal/random mode, as seen by the description under the box (set it to zero for no wrapping in horizontal mode)

this is because in OBS, all you need to do to make messages wrap in vertical mode is set the browser source width and height

View attachment 161
Everything is good now ! Thank you a lot ! ♥

notwiss
he/him

hey! quick question, is there any setting to change the spacing in between each message bubble? specially when vertical + making the pfps bigger it adds a lot of space in between each message and i want to change that
(if there is no way to do that it's fine, it's not a huge deal)

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hey! quick question, is there any setting to change the spacing in between each message bubble? specially when vertical + making the pfps bigger it adds a lot of space in between each message and i want to change that
(if there is no way to do that it's fine, it's not a huge deal)
if you open up styles-villager-chat.css, find #slime2-event-list, and in there should be gap: 30px;
change the 30 to a lower number

CiciPuppo
she/they

Little Puppergeist
Streamer
Is there a way to have different chat orientations between different scenes in OBS?

I wanted to try horizontal chat in my game screen and vertical on my chatting screen,
would that be possible somehow?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Is there a way to have different chat orientations between different scenes in OBS?

I wanted to try horizontal chat in my game screen and vertical on my chatting screen,
would that be possible somehow?
copy the widget folder to have a second instance, change the settings for that second one, set it up as a second browser source

mxchagames
she/her

hello! i've just purchased the villager chat (it's beautiful by the way) thank you so much! but im having this issue where i wanted to set a permanent character (dizzy) for myself (the broadcaster).

1. i've gone into the settings and enabled the use permanent villager box and then went into permanent villager assignment and entered this information! and then pressed save widget data. however, each time it still randomises my character and although i have dizzy on the html window in obs it is different.

2. also! i tested the cool feature of the characters face changing when ! or ? is used but it is not coming up on my obs. is this something i need to configure?

would appreciate support (i'm also not a really technologically smart person so this may be a simple issue on my end)

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screenshot 2024-03-13 200519.png

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hello! i've just purchased the villager chat (it's beautiful by the way) thank you so much! but im having this issue where i wanted to set a permanent character (dizzy) for myself (the broadcaster).

1. i've gone into the settings and enabled the use permanent villager box and then went into permanent villager assignment and entered this information! and then pressed save widget data. however, each time it still randomises my character and although i have dizzy on the html window in obs it is different.

2. also! i tested the cool feature of the characters face changing when ! or ? is used but it is not coming up on my obs. is this something i need to configure?

would appreciate support (i'm also not a really technologically smart person so this may be a simple issue on my end)

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! View attachment 162
make sure that when you save the widget data file, you save it into the widget folder and that the file name is exactly [S]settings-villager-chat[/S] (or settings-villager-chat.js if you have file extensions displayed), otherwise it won't load the settings
important edit for future readers: data-villager-chat or data-villager-chat.js should be the file name

the ! and ? should work in OBS... what version of OBS are you using?

Last edited:

mxchagames
she/her

make sure that when you save the widget data file, you save it into the widget folder and that the file name is exactly settings-villager-chat (or settings-villager-chat.js if you have file extensions displayed), otherwise it won't load the settings

the ! and ? should work in OBS... what version of OBS are you using?
hi zaytri! the exclamation and question mark are working. just with the the new widget data file, do i delete the original one and replace it with the saved one? i tried placing the new one and ensured the setting name was exactly settings-villager-chat but the changes didnt apply. i noticed there is an existing file but i was too scared to delete it without making sure!

thank u

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hi zaytri! the exclamation and question mark are working. just with the the new widget data file, do i delete the original one and replace it with the saved one? i tried placing the new one and ensured the setting name was exactly settings-villager-chat but the changes didnt apply. i noticed there is an existing file but i was too scared to delete it without making sure!

thank u
hm can you share a screenshot of the contents of the widget folder?

mxchagames
she/her

hm can you share a screenshot of the contents of the widget folder?
hi,

yep i have attached a photo here of the chatbot folder.

also, i went on stream yesterday and the villager chat was not appearing. i went through the guide again and reset it up and it was still not working. i've attempted both the refresh and the interact troubleshooting tips provided and even downloaded a new key just in case.

when i select interaction it still works and i've gone to HTML weblink and tried sending messages from my OBS as it usually comes up on the chrome tab but it is not appearing there as well! unsure whats happened.

Attachments

• chatbot folder.png
    chatbot folder.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
  • interaction works.png
    interaction works.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hi,

yep i have attached a photo here of the chatbot folder.

also, i went on stream yesterday and the villager chat was not appearing. i went through the guide again and reset it up and it was still not working. i've attempted both the refresh and the interact troubleshooting tips provided and even downloaded a new key just in case.

when i select interaction it still works and i've gone to HTML weblink and tried sending messages from my OBS as it usually comes up on the chrome tab but it is not appearing there as well! unsure whats happened.
ok the folder looks correct

are you trying to save from the interaction window within OBS? because that doesn't work, saving requires downloading a file, which isn't possible thru OBS, need to do the save from a regular browser

also with chat not appearing, press ctrl+shift+i while you have the overlay open in a browser, which will open up the console. send chat messages thru twitch, and then if there's any errors that appear there, show me screenshots of those so i can figure out why that might be happening

mxchagames
she/her

(chatbot settings saved)
no, i have already done it from the browser. in the beginning of the post, i showed the browser tab open - i was trying to enable the permanent villagers for my subscribers. i mentioned that when i save the data a new JS file downloads so do i delete the original one that was there the settings-villager-chat and then place the newly downloaded file there as that same name?

(text messages not showing on obs)
as for the new issue with the chat not appearing on obs i have opened the overlay in a browser and pressed ctril shift i and it opens up this thing.
i also went to obs and tried the ctrl shift i with the chatbox and then tried sending messages from both the obs and the twitch chat and neither are appearing.

Attachments

• ctril shift i browser.png
    ctril shift i browser.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ctrl shift i in obs and twitch.png
    ctrl shift i in obs and twitch.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
(chatbot settings saved)
no, i have already done it from the browser. in the beginning of the post, i showed the browser tab open - i was trying to enable the permanent villagers for my subscribers. i mentioned that when i save the data a new JS file downloads so do i delete the original one that was there the settings-villager-chat and then place the newly downloaded file there as that same name?

(text messages not showing on obs)
as for the new issue with the chat not appearing on obs i have opened the overlay in a browser and pressed ctril shift i and it opens up this thing.
i also went to obs and tried the ctrl shift i with the chatbox and then tried sending messages from both the obs and the twitch chat and neither are appearing.
got it, ok, just making sure since people have tried to save within OBS in the past
so for the settings file, the idea is yes you do completely replace the old one with the new one, and you can move the old one somewhere else as a backup just in case

i forgot the ctrl+shift+i doesn't open the console by default, can you open the console tab and then send messages? that's where errors would be shown if there are any errors
1711337112029.png

mxchagames
she/her

got it, ok, just making sure since people have tried to save within OBS in the past
so for the settings file, the idea is yes you do completely replace the old one with the new one, and you can move the old one somewhere else as a backup just in case

i forgot the ctrl+shift+i doesn't open the console by default, can you open the console tab and then send messages? that's where errors would be shown if there are any errors
View attachment 167
no not a problem! im not great w tech either so i probs would've made a mistake like that before.

i went to the console and its displaying two errors.

thank u for the villager settings clarification! once i get it back online i'll update it to the saved settings i wanted :>

Attachments

• dfd.png
    dfd.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
no not a problem! im not great w tech either so i probs would've made a mistake like that before.

i went to the console and its displaying two errors.

thank u for the villager settings clarification! once i get it back online i'll update it to the saved settings i wanted :>
ok
now i understand
1. sorry about when i said the saved data file should be named settings-villager-chat, it should be data-villager-chat, that's my bad
2. i didn't realize the script file was missing from your folder either, if you redownload it from ko-fi you can get that back and put it into the folder, that file is important because it controls how the chat is rendered, that's why nothing was showing up

mxchagames
she/her

ok
now i understand
1. sorry about when i said the saved data file should be named settings-villager-chat, it should be data-villager-chat, that's my bad
2. i didn't realize the script file was missing from your folder either, if you redownload it from ko-fi you can get that back and put it into the folder, that file is important because it controls how the chat is rendered, that's why nothing was showing up
hi!

all issues have been resolved after i redownloaded the file and did the data-villager-chat!

just a quick question - i'm pretty sure that this chatbot also shows channel point redeems in the chat but mine haven't been coming up! is there a setting i need to select or is it not compatible?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hi!

all issues have been resolved after i redownloaded the file and did the data-villager-chat!

just a quick question - i'm pretty sure that this chatbot also shows channel point redeems in the chat but mine haven't been coming up! is there a setting i need to select or is it not compatible?
it only shows channel point redeems that include messages, since slime2 currently only handles chat events

Back