Slime Chat

Slime Chat 3.2.3

ToastedStars
she/her

Streamer
First of all, i really love slime chat. It's such a great thing to have!
I updated to 3.2.3 and imported my old settings, the only thing is that it no longer displays the font i used before from my own files. Might just be a mistake on my part but i thought i'd mention it before i try again in the morning.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
First of all, i really love slime chat. It's such a great thing to have!
I updated to 3.2.3 and imported my old settings, the only thing is that it no longer displays the font i used before from my own files. Might just be a mistake on my part but i thought i'd mention it before i try again in the morning.
hmm
did the rest of the settings get transferred without issue?

ToastedStars
she/her

Streamer
hmm
did the rest of the settings get transferred without issue?
yes, they have. i can also still not set a font that isn't in the drop down list. i did try a different one as well just to check and it didn't change.

just had a thought and checked what it looked like in obs and it shows my font and all other settings (should have done that yesterday sorry.) i refreshed the source as well and it looks like i want it to. so it's just in the settings window were it doesn't show, sorry!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
yes, they have. i can also still not set a font that isn't in the drop down list. i did try a different one as well just to check and it didn't change.

just had a thought and checked what it looked like in obs and it shows my font and all other settings (should have done that yesterday sorry.) i refreshed the source as well and it looks like i want it to. so it's just in the settings window were it doesn't show, sorry!
oh weird, well I'm glad you got it working!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Cool, also what about 7TV? I've seen it getting a lot of use lately
I do not support 7TV
more info here:

Okesska
He/They

Artist
Streamer
I do not support 7TV
more info here:
Oh damn, I had no idea about any of that. Thank you for posting about it

TheOneByron
He/Him

Streamer
I've been testing out using this for my streams & there's just two things I'd like to see added to this if possible;
1. Setting chat direction
I'd like to have the option for the chat to go Down to Up(having older messages go from the bottom up) as opposed to how it currently is,
Up to Down(having older messages go from the top down)
2. Outline size for Outline 2
I believe the outline is a bit too small & I'd like to have the option to increase the size/thickness of the outline
Other than that, great job on this!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I've been testing out using this for my streams & there's just two things I'd like to see added to this if possible;
1. Setting chat direction
I'd like to have the option for the chat to go Down to Up(having older messages go from the bottom up) as opposed to how it currently is,
Up to Down(having older messages go from the top down)
2. Outline size for Outline 2
I believe the outline is a bit too small & I'd like to have the option to increase the size/thickness of the outline
Other than that, great job on this!
1. Widget Settings > Display > Corner
2. Outline is done via very hacky CSS since actual text outline is not yet supported in the version of Chromium that OBS ships with for its browser source. Making an outline greater than 2px and having it look good isn't really possible via CSS. However, via post processing, you can achieve an outline effect via shaders. Someone did that here: https://forums.slime2.stream/threads/widget-setup.5/#post-199

TheOneByron
He/Him

Streamer
1. Widget Settings > Display > Corner
2. Outline is done via very hacky CSS since actual text outline is not yet supported in the version of Chromium that OBS ships with for its browser source. Making an outline greater than 2px and having it look good isn't really possible via CSS. However, via post processing, you can achieve an outline effect via shaders. Someone did that here: https://forums.slime2.stream/threads/widget-setup.5/#post-199
1. OH, that's what the corner setting is for 😅, was wondering what that was
2. Alrighty, will have a look at that
Thanks & again, great job on this project

Back