Villager Chat

Villager Chat [Paid] 2.1.4

ElDaoo

It's possible to custom code it in using a third party API but I do not recommend it
Is it easy to do without any knowledge of programming? I'm having a difficult time doing it.

ElDaoo

I don't know if its possible, but is there any way for the nameplate background color to match the username's twitch color? Just like in the Chat Bubbles widget.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Is it easy to do without any knowledge of programming? I'm having a difficult time doing it.

Again I don't recommend it because it's too easy for a random Twitch chatter to abuse that to show something that violates Twitch's Community Guidelines, so I'm not going to teach how to implement it either.

I don't know if its possible, but is there any way for the nameplate background color to match the username's twitch color? Just like in the Chat Bubbles widget.

With a bit of custom code yes, but I don't have plans to add that in as a feature.

ElDaoo

Does Villager Chat support 7TV? It recognizes BetterTTV just fine, but it doesn't seem to work with 7TV.

nightcrawler

Hey, I love the chat, you did a great job!

I was wondering if there was a way to add a custom villager without it replacing the whole roster of villagers.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hey, I love the chat, you did a great job!

I was wondering if there was a way to add a custom villager without it replacing the whole roster of villagers.
If you open villagers-villager-chat.js, you can edit that directly to customize the default villager list, just follow the pattern as the other villagers

Doesn't need to be in alphabetical order, you can add a new villager anywhere in there

nightcrawler

If you open villagers-villager-chat.js, you can edit that directly to customize the default villager list, just follow the pattern as the other villagers

Doesn't need to be in alphabetical order, you can add a new villager anywhere in there
Thanks for the quick reply!

notwiss
he/him

hi! quick question, I just got this widget but I can't find if there is a way to scale the villager icons and the dynamic images to be bigger?

they do not scale when making the font size bigger so when I make it as big as I need it, the icons look so small next to the text, but when doing the opposite, lowering font size to make the icons seem bigger next to it, the font is too small and if I scale it up in OBS the quality of the text looks bad cuz of the lower pixels

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
hi! quick question, I just got this widget but I can't find if there is a way to scale the villager icons and the dynamic images to be bigger?

they do not scale when making the font size bigger so when I make it as big as I need it, the icons look so small next to the text, but when doing the opposite, lowering font size to make the icons seem bigger next to it, the font is too small and if I scale it up in OBS the quality of the text looks bad cuz of the lower pixels
ah yea I can add a note to add a setting for that in the future

for now what you can do is open the styles-villager-chat CSS file in a text editor, such as Notepad, then find
  • .avatar-image
  • .punctuation-image
  • .role-image
  • .message-type-image
and edit their width and height values

after changing, you'll need to save the file and then refresh the page to see your changes

notwiss
he/him

ah yea I can add a note to add a setting for that in the future

for now what you can do is open the styles-villager-chat CSS file in a text editor, such as Notepad, then find
  • .avatar-image
  • .punctuation-image
  • .role-image
  • .message-type-image
and edit their width and height values

after changing, you'll need to save the file and then refresh the page to see your changes
thank you! it worked

madimoo
she/her

Hi! First, I love this chat it is super cute so thank you!!
Second, I am having an issue with the amount of messages on my screen. Whenever I select a max messages of 3, it keeps reverting to 5 messages when I download and upload the new javascript. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong on my end? Thank you!

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi! First, I love this chat it is super cute so thank you!!
Second, I am having an issue with the amount of messages on my screen. Whenever I select a max messages of 3, it keeps reverting to 5 messages when I download and upload the new javascript. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong on my end? Thank you!
make sure that the settings file is named data-villager-chat and not data-villager-chat (1) or anything else like that, you'll likely need to delete/override the settings file that exists in there (you can copy it somewhere as a backup just in case)

madimoo
she/her

make sure that the settings file is named data-villager-chat and not data-villager-chat (1) or anything else like that, you'll likely need to delete/override the settings file that exists in there (you can copy it somewhere as a backup just in case)
Hi, thank you! I make sure to delete the old file everytime and move in the newly downloaded file but this issue still occurs.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi, thank you! I make sure to delete the old file everytime and move in the newly downloaded file but this issue still occurs.
are you sure it's all in the same folder and that you're opening the HTML file from that folder?

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Zaytri updated Villager Chat with a new update entry:

v2.1.1 - Updated Pronouns

Upgraded to slime2 v1.1.3

Read the rest of this update entry...

Clapi
she/her

Hello !
I'm not sure why but it seems that the "Max Message Width" parameter doesn't work ?
Same for the height in vertical mode.

Is someone send a long message or a big bunch of emote the weight does not make the message go on a second line for width or doesn't make a loooong line for horizontal mode.

Basically it does what i want in vertical mode for the horizontal mode and vice versa.

Any idea how i can correct that ?
1708083810456.png 1708083723370.png

Back