Villager Chat

Villager Chat [Paid] 2.1.3

✅ This widget has passed review and has been verified to follow the Widget Gallery Guidelines.

KatSavvis
She/Her

I couldn’t send a picture because it said the file size was too large, but I attempted to add my user data by copying the example but I'm not seeing it changed in the OBS. Did I do it right, and if I did, will it only show up when I'm live?

What I did:

const userData = {
// katsavvie: {
// villagerName: 'Ankha',
// },
}

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Just remove the comment slashes like so:
JavaScript:
const userData = {
  katsavvie: {
    villagerName: 'Ankha',
  },
}
And yes, it'll work offline!

KaiahMoss
He/They

Henlo henlo!

having a problem with resizing the Overlay Dimensions

the overlay itself re-sizes but the speech bubbles never stop and go to the next line,
instead they just keep going, cutting the message.

I'm not sure how to solve it, pls help

Edit:
( I was testing with just a string of AAAA, once you actually put sentences with spaces in it fixes it , i am a dumb- will leave this here for other peeps)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Henlo henlo!

having a problem with resizing the Overlay Dimensions

the overlay itself re-sizes but the speech bubbles never stop and go to the next line,
instead they just keep going, cutting the message.

I'm not sure how to solve it, pls help

Edit:
( I was testing with just a string of AAAA, once you actually put sentences with spaces in it fixes it , i am a dumb- will leave this here for other peeps)
Someone else told me this too, I never tested having just one long word in a message before, and I do have a fix!

In the CSS, add word-break: break-word; to the .content selector, and it will wrap those properly!
ggQUNjJ.png
aIRyhOE.png

I'll be adding this fix in the next update, so thanks for letting me know!

KaiahMoss
He/They

Someone else told me this too, I never tested having just one long word in a message before, and I do have a fix!

In the CSS, add word-break: break-word; to the .content selector, and it will wrap those properly!
ggQUNjJ.png
aIRyhOE.png

I'll be adding this fix in the next update, so thanks for letting me know!

i was trying to say no problem and found out i can .. do this? I was just trying to delete and re-type my message and now idno how to get out of your, my? my reply to your reply in your comment. So anyway while i'm stuck here i wanted to ask. By "remove the slashes" do i remove all the pink ones or just the purple one; and if i do delete the pink ones, do i leave a space from the edge or not. I know nothing about coding but i do know it's extremely case sensitive and i don't wanna break anything

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 075629.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 075629.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2023-09-23 080337.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 080337.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
@KaiahMoss just remove the comment slashes next to villagerChannelPointRedemption(message), and it doesn't matter if you leave a space or not it'll work the same

kkyuki173
she/her

Developer
Artist
Streamer
is there a way to or will there be a way to filter out messages that starts with specific key like commands '!' and chatter names to filter out bots?

slashie101
she/her

Streamer
I think a role for bots could be cute! Though you might have to custom assign it? I know FFZ can recognise bots though I'm not sure how it works exactly

KatSavvis
She/Her

"Choose Villager" Channel Point redemption not responding for me. Not sure if it's something I'm missing or not. All of the !Villager commands and the Reroll Villager redemption work as intended but the Choose Villager redemption wasn't recognized. I have the names of the code and the redemption as the same thing, the text requirement is on and I think I removed all the comment slashes I was supposed to. Not sure if I just missed one or chat wasn't typing the necessary text to activate it.

What I have:

villagerChannelPointRedemption(message)

// extract the necessary data from the message

const { parts, user } = message

And I have this for the function:

function villagerChannelPointRedemption(message) {
// names of your channel point redemptions (case sensitive)
const rerollVillagerRewardName = 'Reroll Villager'
const chooseVillagerRewardName = 'Choose Villager'

if (message.type !== 'redeem') return

const { user, text, redeem } = message

switch (redeem.name) {
case rerollVillagerRewardName: {
rerollVillager(user)
break
}

case chooseVillagerRewardName: {
chooseVillager(user, text)
break
}
}
}

Sorry I gotta copy and paste cause it's still not letting me send pictures yet lol

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
I think a role for bots could be cute! Though you might have to custom assign it? I know FFZ can recognise bots though I'm not sure how it works exactly
Maybe, tho I think people usually just have bots not show up in chat overlays. FFZ also does it thru manual assignment, where you go to your channel on the FFZ website and you can manage bots there.

OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
"Choose Villager" Channel Point redemption not responding for me. Not sure if it's something I'm missing or not. All of the !Villager commands and the Reroll Villager redemption work as intended but the Choose Villager redemption wasn't recognized. I have the names of the code and the redemption as the same thing, the text requirement is on and I think I removed all the comment slashes I was supposed to. Not sure if I just missed one or chat wasn't typing the necessary text to activate it.

What I have:

villagerChannelPointRedemption(message)

// extract the necessary data from the message

const { parts, user } = message

And I have this for the function:

function villagerChannelPointRedemption(message) {
// names of your channel point redemptions (case sensitive)
const rerollVillagerRewardName = 'Reroll Villager'
const chooseVillagerRewardName = 'Choose Villager'

if (message.type !== 'redeem') return

const { user, text, redeem } = message

switch (redeem.name) {
case rerollVillagerRewardName: {
rerollVillager(user)
break
}

case chooseVillagerRewardName: {
chooseVillager(user, text)
break
}
}
}

Sorry I gotta copy and paste cause it's still not letting me send pictures yet lol
I've increased the attachment limit from 1MB to 10MB, maybe that will help

Hmmm. Ok well the code looks good. I do have a question, because I encountered this too. Did you ever refresh the overlay after creating your Choose Villager channel point redemption? Because slime2 only fetches channel point reward data once, when it starts up, so it could be that it didn't know about your Choose Villager channel point reward yet, because it hadn't stored that data.

TL;DR try refreshing the browser source and see if it works

KatSavvis
She/Her

I've increased the attachment limit from 1MB to 10MB, maybe that will help

Hmmm. Ok well the code looks good. I do have a question, because I encountered this too. Did you ever refresh the overlay after creating your Choose Villager channel point redemption? Because slime2 only fetches channel point reward data once, when it starts up, so it could be that it didn't know about your Choose Villager channel point reward yet, because it hadn't stored that data.

TL;DR try refreshing the browser source and see if it works
Thank you for the storage increase!

I made the redemptions before adding the overlay, but I'll refresh anyway and see if it works! If anything, I'll try removing it from OBS and re-adding it as well to see if that works. I'll check back in.

pigeonpeanit
she/they

Artist
Streamer
Hi!!!! Thank you for making this! it's so amazing!
Quick question though: I haven't changed anything, and just added chat by following the instructions given- but I'm having an issue where if the chat message is short, the username gets cut off and moved into the message itself. Is there a way to adjust this so that the username always remains whole, despite the sent message being short?
(sorry about the bad photo quality!!)

Attachments

• IMG_5598.jpg
    IMG_5598.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Zaytri

Zaytri
she/her

Glitch Witch
Admin
Developer
Streamer
Hi!!!! Thank you for making this! it's so amazing!
Quick question though: I haven't changed anything, and just added chat by following the instructions given- but I'm having an issue where if the chat message is short, the username gets cut off and moved into the message itself. Is there a way to adjust this so that the username always remains whole, despite the sent message being short?
(sorry about the bad photo quality!!)
oh
hmmmmm
yea that's my bad, the fix i did earlier broke this

I'll make a better fix shortly

Back